It’s late, and I don’t really feel like talking about how I doing right now (what with my recent break up and all), so lets turn to my favorite subject: sex.
Huffington Post recently asked women to share things they wished someone had told them about sex, before they started having it. I guess I can’t really add to this, except that I totally agree with 2, 3, 5, 11 (true, but definitely a story for another time), 15 – practice makes perfect 😉
1. There is no dignified way of “cleaning up” — and you WILL need to clean up afterwards.
2. A male partner won’t always have a higher sex drive than you.
3. You can have as much sex as you want, with as many people as you like.
4. Sex is truly awesome when you really love the person you’re having it with.
5. Women are allowed to enjoy sex as much as men.
6. Sex doesn’t look like it does in the movies — or in porn.
7. You are not more valuable as a person if someone wants to have sex with you, and you are not less valuable as a person if you choose not to.
8. Learn what turns you on and don’t be afraid to ask for it, because your partner isn’t a mind-reader.
9. It’s fine to say “no” — it doesn’t make you less sexual.
10. The best sex is about mutual giving.
11. Plenty of women can’t orgasm from intercourse alone. An estimated 50 to 75 percent of women require clitoral stimulation.
12. It’s easy to get caught up in the moment, so know how you plan to protect yourself from pregnancy and STDs beforehand.
13. Great sex does not equal great love.
14. Anxieties and fears about sex are totally normal — and it’s (more than) fine to talk about them.
15. Just like with anything else, to get good you need practice. Sex is not something you’re born knowing how to do well.
16. It can be really, really awkward.
17. Your “sexual peak” won’t necessarily be in your twenties.
18. Experiment! (And have fun doing so.)