Apparently I suck at blogging just as much as I suck at online dating. Yea, that whole Match.com experiment has gotten me nowhere. I have no desire to put in the time or effort, so no wonder things like Match.com or even OkCupid have never worked.
Interestingly enough though, I did actually chat to guy for a tick from Tinder… the Hot or Not type dating app. I’m one interesting cookie, I know.
I suppose that, in some ways, you could say I’ve had a lull for content. But in other ways, I haven’t. What I’m trying to say is that last night, I may or may not have had a date. I’m still not sure. I don’t date. It’s outside of my realm of expertise (no really, I wasn’t kidding when I said that I don’t date. I don’t.)
What I do know is this:
- He said he wanted to take me out to dinner* but actually made the plans via text.
- He was about 10 minutes late.
- He picked me up (but then we walked to the restaurant from my house).
- We sat at the crappy restaurant talking for a few hours.
- He paid.
- There was never a lull in the conversation.
- We had a good time.
- We hugged goodnight.
- There was no hint of a second date update.
* After making a drunken ass fool of himself.
To make matters worse, HowAboutWe.com’s 5 Signs It’s Not a Date article was no help:
- They bring a friend. No.
- They don’t offer to pay/let you pay. No.
- They talk about their love life. No.
- They’re relaxed around you… a little too relaxed. Eh?
- You Don’t Know if They’re Interested at the End. Very much so.
Thanks for that, How About We. Lot’s of help.
Regardless of if it was or wasn’t, I was more excited about than I’d like to admit. That being said, if it wasn’t/nothing comes of it, I won’t be devastated. He’s a fun guy, a Southern Gentleman, but I’m in no rush. But, yes, if he were to ask again, I’d probably say yes (Don’t tell my mother).
And so, I leave you now with a little poll. Do your worst: